Students will be quizzed on their knowledge of electrical power including
its sources, measurement, and transmission.
Number of Participants / Approximate Time
Up to 2 / 45 minutes
1. Student teams will be quizzed in the form of a test on the basic terms
and concepts related to electrical power.
2. Questions may involve the history of energy sources and electricity,
traditional energy sources (coal, gas), alternative energy sources (wind,
water, solar, etc), and the generation of power by each means.
3. Additional question topics will include the measurement of energy (units)
and storage & transmission of electricity (methods).
4. Safety issues and energy efficiency may also be question material.
5. Students will have 45 minutes to complete the test. Time is not a scoring
6. Non-programmable calculators may be used but will not be provided.
The team with the most correct responses will be declared the winner.
Ties will be broken with pre-determined tie-breaker questions.