Teams of two students will demonstrate their knowledge of environmental concerns including conservation methods and current events.
Number of Participants / Approximate Time
Up to 2 / 45 minutes
1. Student teams will be quizzed in the form of a test on the basic terms
and concepts related to environmental protections and concerns.
2. Questions may involve the history of and current environmental protection efforts and major conservation organizations.
3. Additional question topics may include characteristics of and comparisons between traditional energy sources and alternative energy sources.
4. The greenhouse effect and global temperature change may also be question material.
5. Students will have 45 minutes to complete the test. Time is not a scoring
6. Non-programmable calculators may be used but will not be provided.
The team with the most correct responses will be declared the winner.
Ties will be broken with pre-determined tie-breaker questions.